New volunteers need to complete a Kitty Cafe Volunteer application below or you can pick up one at the Cafe. You will then receive an email from the volunteer coordinator with further instructions and must fill out the contract. You must be at least 14 and those under 18 need the permission and signature of a parent or guardian. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by parent or guardian the entire time they are here volunteering. The adult is responsible to manage their child on their duties. Volunteering at Treetops Kitty Cafe is not a time to play with the cats for free. Some cat time is fine but you will be here to do much needed tasks.
Volunteer hours are usually scheduled in 2 hour shifts, many people like to schedule the same shift on a weekly basis.
This is a list of some duties that all Volunteers need to be willing and capable to do while they are here:
Some Daily Tasks
- Scoop out and clean litter boxes
- Clean food and water bowls
- Talk to guests about cats
- Do laundry & re-stock linen cabinet neatly and in order
- Check floors for pee or throw up and clean up
- Clean cat toys
- Clean cat dishes
- Sweep & mop floors
- Dust store shelves
- Stock the cooler
- Clean glass & windows
- Brush cats, clip nails
- Dusting and wiping off all surfaces
- Wipe down or vacuum the cat tree’s removing the hair
- Stock and clean bathroom
- Take cats to the vet
- Go to store to pick up supplies
- Attend and man our booth at outside events
- and much more…..
If you are interested in Volunteering with us please fill out this form and submit. We will be in touch with you.