New volunteers need to complete a Kitty Cafe Volunteer application that you can get at the Cafe. You will then receive an email from the volunteer coordinator with further instructions and must fill out the contract. You must be at least 14 and those under 18 need the permission and signature of a parent or guardian.
This is a list of duties that all Volunteers need to do while they are here:
- Scoop out litter boxes
- Check food and water bowls
- Take apart the water fountains, checking and/or cleaning or replacing their filters
- Talk to guests about cats
- Do laundry & re-stock linen cabinet neatly and in order
- Check floors for pee or throw up and clean up
- Using the long dowel, retrieve balls from under chairs (trying to find Carlos’ favorite toy)
- Clean cat toys
- Clean cat dishes
- Sweep floors
- Dust store shelves
- Check cans on shelf, make sure they are clean and labels facing out
- Check the Glade air fresheners to see if they need replacing
- Stock the cooler
- Post pics of cats on Social Media
- Clean the bakery display
- Water flowers outside
- Clean glass & windows
- Brush cats, clip nails
- A thorough dusting and wiping of shelving using cleaning wipes, merchandise, photo frames, furniture, outside of trashcans, computer screen, pos screen
- Wipe down the cat tree’s removing the hair
- Stock and clean bathroom
- Fill the cat food container
Volunteer of the Month – August
Taylor has been volunteering at Treetops since September 2017! She has a dog of her own, Comet, but her cats are here at the Café! She is our cat whisperer, she works very well with the shy cats that come in, especially the ones who hide under the steps! She also answers all of our customer questions regarding the cats and their personalities!
Her family has allergies, so she comes to volunteer here to get her kitty fix!
Please print and fill out the application below and hand it into the Cafe in person.