PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED
Currently we are only accepting applications from adults who have experience administering medications to cats and/or has veterinary technician experience.
Application at bottom of this page.
New volunteers need to complete a Kitty Cafe Volunteer application. You will then receive an email from us with further instructions and must fill out the contract.
Volunteering at Treetops Kitty Cafe is not a time to play with the cats for free. Some cat time is fine but you will be here to do much-needed tasks. Our cats are well-socialized due to the nature of our facility.
Volunteer hours are usually scheduled in 2-hour shifts during our closed hours, many people like to schedule the same shift on a weekly basis.
Daily Tasks (not limited to this list)
- Administering medications
- Watch cats for any medical issues
- Understand and adhere to basic animal husbandry practices
- Scoop out and clean litter boxes
- Clean food and water bowls
- Do laundry & re-stock the linen cabinet neatly and in order
- Check floors for pee or throw up and clean up
- Clean cat toys
- Clean cat dishes
- Sweep & mop floors
- Dust store shelves
- Clean glass & windows
- Brush cats, clip nails
- Dusting and wiping off all surfaces
- Wipe down or vacuum the cat tree’s removing the hair
- Stock and clean bathroom
- Take and/or pick up cats for vet visits
- Go to the store to pick up supplies
- and much more…..