PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED
Volunteering at Treetops Kitty Cafe is not a time to play with the cats for free. Our cats are well-socialized due to the nature of our facility. You are expected to scoop poop, clean up vomit, administer medications, and clean all surfaces daily. Volunteers must possess a strong work ethic, the ability to multitask, and the initiative to complete tasks efficiently. If you want to play with our cats, please make a reservation to visit.
Applicants must be 16+ with reliable transportation to and from our facility in Kennett Square, PA. We do not accept volunteers younger than 16 due to the nature of the tasks required during volunteer shifts.
Shifts are scheduled one day per volunteer per week on a consistent schedule. Available shifts run Sun-Sat between 8-11 AM and 4-8 PM. Out of consideration to our very small staff, please make sure you can commit to your shift weekly or bi-weekly before submitting an application.
Application at bottom of this page.
New volunteers need to complete a Kitty Cafe Volunteer application. You will then receive an email from us with further instructions and must fill out the contract.
Daily Tasks (not limited to this list)
- Administering medications
- Watch cats for any medical issues
- Understand and adhere to basic animal husbandry practices
- Scoop out and clean litter boxes
- Clean food and water bowls
- Do laundry & re-stock the linen cabinet neatly and in order
- Check floors for pee or throw up and clean up
- Clean cat toys
- Clean cat dishes
- Sweep & mop floors
- Dust store shelves
- Clean glass & windows
- Brush cats, clip nails
- Dusting and wiping off all surfaces
- Wipe down or vacuum the cat tree’s removing the hair
- Stock and clean bathroom
- Take and/or pick up cats for vet visits
- Go to the store to pick up supplies
- and much more…..